My apartment is completely empty... pretty much. All that's left is my air mattress, some clothes for the week, a lamp, a fan and my journal. The walls are bare and the apartment seems bigger than ever with nothing in it.
My family was such a big help with my move back to NJ for a bit. I'm so ridiculously grateful for them.
I don't know why I feel so much all at one time, but I do. I wish I could just skip this day because I'm so anxious about tomorrow and telling my job I am quitting. I really don't know what will happen. I don't want to be escorted out because that's embaressing, but it could happen. I already cleaned out my desk, so I'm fully prepared to leave now. I really don't want to work the rest of this coming up week, but if they ask me to I may stay until Thursday. But I don't have my apartment after Thursday and my brother's graduation is on Friday so... Thursday is the latest day I'll be back in NJ, but I'm hoping tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.
Korea is still currently in the works. We definitely have a position in Daegu but we are currently trying to get a better placement in a different city closer to Seoul. We are in limbo waiting for that essentially. If we both don't get placement in a public school in Gyeonggi then we'll be living in Daegu... so at least the city placement has been narrowed down to two different places right now. We won't know until we are in Thailand where we are going to live in Korea, most likely.
It's a bit odd that we've bought a one way ticket to Thailand... it's kind of adventurous but also a bit nerve wracking. The world of Visa's are a complicated one, and there are so many stipulations to them that we just need to make sure we are on top of everything. There's still a few things I need to get done before I go:
1- Apply/Receive my Visa for Thailand (Can't do that until 30 days before we leave)
2- Apply/Receive my International Driver's permit (I thought it'd be a good idea to have one, not to mention it's a government ID that has 10 languages on it, so I can carry that instead of my passport)
3- Pack! I won't be packing until the week before I go... but I have to buy a few things I'll need for this adventure in the meantime
Ok- there are a bunch more things but I can't think of them right now.
So... the next time I write here, I'll have moved back to NJ for about 5 weeks before we leave...
39 days to go... (crazy)
No comments:
Post a Comment