Chapter 25 of my life is coming to an end... and soon chapter 26 will begin.
I feel an overwhelming amount of emotions right now... and have been, and probably will continue to.
We are leaving July 22nd... It's already June and I don't know if I'm ready. Can you ever be ready for this? Depending on the day, I feel differently about it. It's all just so overwhelming.
I'm glad I'll be taking time off between next weekend and before I leave for Thailand. I need to go to the beach by myself, lay on the sand, look at the stars and be reminded that life is going to be okay. And that it's a big, big world out there. And there is an adventure awaiting me... and it won't matter if I'm ready for it or not, it's going to come. And I'm going to leave Maryland, and then I'm going to leave NJ, and then I'm going to leave Thailand, and then I'm going to leave Korea.... and there's a lot of coming and going and coming again. Many moments that will contain See you later's and ciao love's, and that isn't easy for me. But when I see the stars I want to be reminded of how distance doesn't matter. There is no distance between hearts that are connected. So if you read this... don't say see you later, or goodbye or anything. Just a smile and a wave will do. Because this isn't the end, this isn't the "last time" for anything... moving overseas isn't the end... it's another chapter. It's another adventure in this journey called life.
After all, every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end. But when I see you (and ultimately leave you), forgive me if my emotions get the best of me. Just a smile and a wave will do. :)
So here's to waving as chapter 25 ends, and here's a big smile to chapter 26. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment